WNPJ Volunteer Needs
As a small, grassroots-based organization, WNPJ relies on the skills, energy and commitment of our volunteers!
Below is a list of our current volunteer needs. Some are constant, while others we need help with just a few times a year.
To sign up to help, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 608-250-9240. Thank you!
- Newsletters and other mailings - Help prepare mailings sent to our members, including our newsletter, event invitations and special appeals. Our occasional mailing "parties" are at our Madison office.
- Events calendar and bulletin - Update the WNPJ website calendar and help prepare events bulletin emails alerting our membership to all the peace and justice events happening statewide. After initial training in the WNPJ office in Madison, these tasks can be done from anywhere with an internet connection!
- Website - Post short updates on key issues and highlight WNPJ members in the news and grassroots success stories. After a brief introduction to the WNPJ website (best done in person), you can help keep our website interesting and timely from anywhere in the state!
- Outreach - Help WNPJ share information and make new contacts across the state, by tabling at events, attending meetings or conferences, and making calls.
- Fundraising - Help WNPJ stay strong and active, by assisting with fundraising events, special appeals and membership renewal reminders, as well as fundraising via Community Shares of Wisconsin.
- WNPJ events - Each year, WNPJ holds a spring steering committee meeting and fall member assembly and awards reception, in different locations around the state. Help us plan, do outreach around and staff these fun and informative gatherings.
- Education and advocacy on peace, justice, and sustainability issues - WNPJ's work groups are always looking for more members. Read more about each work group's focus on our website and contact us to get involved!
- Member directory - Once a year, WNPJ updates the profiles we have for each of our 160-plus member organizations. Help us with this major undertaking, by following up with our members, updating our records and posting information online.