Fair Wisconsin Education Fund, Fair Wisconsin Inc. and Fair Wisconsin PAC, collectively known as Fair
Wisconsin, seek a Development Assistant to begin in June 2012.
The Development Assistant is an entry or mid-level position responsible for managing the day-to-day
operations of fundraising, including contribution processing, internal operations and donor maintenance.
Additionally, the Development Assistant will work closely with the External Relations Director and other
senior management staff to assist in other fundraising projects, including event coordination, grant
research and preparation, and managing the Executive Director’s call time.
This position is full time, reports to the External Relations Director, and is located in Madison, WI.
The Development Assistant’s primary function is to maintain internal fundraising operations. These
‣ Manage and track day to day operations of fundraising, including contribution processing, internal
operations and donor maintenance.
‣ Provide timely reports to Board Fundraising Chair and Executive Director on Board fundraising
efforts and contributions.
‣ Work with External Relations Director and Accountant to compile and submit any required
campaign ﬁnance reports.
‣ Assist with the planning of the Fair Wisconsin Education Fund Leadership Conference.
‣ Manage ﬁscal year fundraising plans for all entities, including updating with current income
projections and actuals and presenting to staff at weekly meetings.
‣ Compose and prepare donor appreciation letters on a regular basis.
‣ Manage Executive Director call time including stafﬁng, donor research, call sheet preparation, and
data entry of notes, information and pledges.
‣ Assist with grant research and preparation.
‣ Participate in the staff event planning team for signature and other fundraising events.
‣ Maintain monthly sustainer contribution program.
‣ Retain timely and accurate donor records, including maintaining an extensive NGP database.
All candidates must enjoy a fast-paced environment, be highly organized without losing sight of larger
objectives, and be committed to justice and equality for LGBT people and their families. Candidate must
be a strong communicator, have the ability to balance multiple projects and responsibilities and be
extremely detailed. Individual must be able to work independently and in a collaborative team
Ideal candidates should also possess 1 or more years of non-proﬁt, not-for-proﬁt, political or
campaign experience with a foundation in fundraising, development, data management, event
planning and/or administration. Candidates should have a strong knowledge of computers, standard
software, and databases. Experience with NGP and Salsa/Wired for Change a plus.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Fair Wisconsin follows an equal opportunity employment policy, and employs personnel without regard to
race, creed, color, religion, national origin, sex, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, age,
physical or mental handicap, veteran status, and marital status. This policy also applies to internal
promotions, training, opportunities for advancement, terminations, relationships with outside vendors and
customers, use of contractors and consultants, and in dealing with the general public.
Salary based on experience. Full beneﬁt package available.
Email cover letter and resume via PDF, Word or Pages document to email@example.com.
Please, no phone calls.
Application deadline: May 21, 2012