9to5 Chapter Organizer - WI
Job Announcement: Please Post and Distribute
Wisconsin Chapter Organizer
9to5, National Association of Working Women seeks an experienced Organizer for the Wisconsin chapter. 9to5 is a grassroots membership organization, founded in 1973, which strengthens women’s ability to work for economic justice. Our goals are to build leadership among low wage working women and to win improvements in workplace and public policy.
This organizer will focus on member recruitment, training and engagement in the Milwaukee area, and coordinate issue campaigns, including our current Ban the Box effort.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Campaign Direction & Supervision: Design and implement major organizing campaigns. Involve members in programs and strategies. Oversee the development and design of campaign materials. Administer campaigns (maintain campaign files, contact and member databases, progress reports).
- Fundraising/Financial Management: Help identify funding sources; assist Development Director with proposal development for funding; organize grassroots fundraising events.
- Member Recruitment/Development: Oversee membership recruitment. Assist with Job Problem Hotline staffing. Identify and train leaders, facilitate chapter Board development. Represent 9to5 in the community.
- Organization and Staff Development: Work with leaders and staff to evaluate organizational growth, recruitment and campaign strategies. Coordinate, supervise and evaluate staff and interns.
- At least three years organizing experience with a community, labor or women’s organization.
- Ability to design and implement leadership training workshops
- Ability to work independently. Good planning skills, time management, ability to prioritize work and account for results
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Experience with issue-based policy campaigns
- Organization leadership experience, including strategic planning and supervision experience
- Demonstrated ability to work well with diverse populations
- Thorough knowledge of Microsoft Office and database programs
Fulltime annual FTE salary $38.600 Year 1, $40,200 Year 2. Excellent health and family benefits. 9to5 is an affirmative action employer. Women of color, lesbian and bisexual women, women with disabilities and older women are encouraged to apply. This position is a bargaining unit position in the 9to5 staff union. www.9to5.org
Send resume, letter of interest and list of references to firstname.lastname@example.org with WI Organizer in the subject line.